Monday, February 8, 2010

Tahoe

Last week, my weekend started on Wednesday!

Why?

Well I don't have classes on Thursday and my school decided not to have classes on Friday :)

So I signed up (along with 70 other students!) to go on the Business Club snow trip to Tahoe!

So a few friends and I piled everything into my truck and headed to the mountains!


We went snowboarding at Sierra and I was a little nervous because it was the first time I had been snowboarding in three years!

The beginning of the day was a little rough but with a little help and inspiration from Jocey, :) I was on my way to being pro! haha ya right
 
( Me and Jocey)

(Me right after I crashed lol)

(Mik)


(Peace Out Jocey!)
We snowboarded most of Thursday and the weather was great! After that tho, we were exhausted and headed back to the cabins. We spent the night chilling in the hot tub and rented a movie to watch.

Friday morning we woke up early ready for another day of snowboarding!
The snow conditions were a little better on Friday because it had snowed overnight.
The sun was shining too!

I started to get the feel of snowboarding again and even tried a baby jump! I landed the first time but the second time (which we were trying to photograph) didn't turn out so well. The photographer (mik) also didn't take the picture fast enough and just captured the landing, or should I say the massive fall that resulted in pain in my neck and wrist.
We stopped snowboarding a little earlier on Friday because we were all so sore and tired from snowboarding two days in a row. As soon as we got back to the cabin we all napped for a couple hours. Friday night we ate dinner at the main cabin with everyone. We also had a nice worship service (which reminds me! I forgot to sign the worship credit list!).

We decided to skip snowboarding on Saturday and find some fun stuff to do in Tahoe!
The snow was coming down hard when we woke up and didn't stop all day!

For breakfast we went to this yummy waffle house. It was super cute and small. I like those good ole' family restaurants, where everyone knows everyone :). After breakfast we headed to the shopping center to get some coffee! Nothing like some coffee (with lots of creamer and yummy flavor stuff) on a cold day!
We really wanted to find some roads to go four-wheeling on in our trucks but that was a failure and we drove to the lake instead.

I had never seen Tahoe lake before, and I'm still not sure I can count our visit there because the snow was coming down so far you could barely see anything.

(An attempt at a group photo, minus me)


(Jocey and Mik)

  
(Amanda using my umbrella trying to stay snowflake free)

  
(The 3 girls and Klint)

 
(I had some fun editing this one :) )
After our adventure the lake we decided to go see a movie. 
 We watched Book of Eli and it was really good. 
At first I was confused because I had no idea what the movie was about, but it was good! It had a good message about the word of God. It taught that no matter how much we read the Bible the important part is that we apply what we learn from our readings and live our lives for God. I recommended this movie! 

After the movie we ate some dinner, got in the hot tub again, and played card games the rest of the night. 

Super fun weekend filled with awesome friends! Also, a very exhausting weekend...

 

1 comment:

Cindy said...

The snow looks beautiful!