Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Black & White Wednesday

I really wanted to share some photos from my black & white film class, but the problem with the film class is that I have all the photos on paper but not on my computer. I don't have a scanner here at school with me :/ so I had to go digging through some old photos and decided to share some photos from one of my favorite vacations.

In August 2007, my family went to Alaska for a fishing trip. I was never much into fishing but we had soooooo much fun!

The guides did all the hard work (put the icky bate on the end of the hook) and all we'd have to do is cast and catch some fish!

The scenery and wildlife was also awesome!

We also had some wonderful weather. I guess it usually rains there during August, but the whole week we were there it was around 60 degrees! 

So here are some of the photos from the trip converted to Black & White

 There were tons of bears everywhere! 
In this picture, the bears were just having a good ole' time wrestling :)
Most of the time, they just kept to themselves.

 
My sister being silly with some moose horns

The view across the lake, before a storm.   

My sister and a fish she caught, most of the fish we caught were around this size.

I just wanted to share this last picture because this mountain no longer looks like this... 
I don't know if you remember, but last summer this Mountain, Mt. Redoubt, erupted.

To check out more Black & White Wednesday photos go to The Long Road to China

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Katie! What a wonderful trip! I love your pictures. The scenery is just gorgeous! Wow! I read your little about me clip about being one of the boys : ). Fun!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love these pictures...I really want to go to Alaska. I'm not a fishing kinda girl but the nature alone is amazing. Great shots!

Jodee said...

Great pictures! What a fabulous trip!

Sarah Andrews said...

Such incredible scenery! Thank you for sharing such great memories!

Mom2Isabel said...

Love the sparkle off the water in the first shot.

Unknown said...

That bear photo...WOW! It's really amazing, complete with splashing water. Perfect. And those mountains were made for black & white :) Looks like such a fun vacation. I've always wanted to go to Alaska. And I really don't mind fishing, but think having someone else bait my hook for me sounds pretty great :)

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

What a great trip filled with memories! Your images are beautiful. The picture of the bears is really captivating and I almost need my sunglasses because of the way the light shines on the water.

Thanks for reminding me of FILM!

Great job!!!

Lisa

Proud Parents of Halainah Grace said...

LOVE your pics...they make me want to be outdoors. Oh how I long to be able to enjoy the sunshine. My parents went on a trip to Alaska about 10 years back. They said it was the best trip they have ever been on. My favorite picture I have is one of my mom on an ice berg where there is some water puddled in a few spots and the water is the prettiest blue I have ever seen. Hmmmm...an idea for next weeks B&W wednesday.

Christy said...

I love your photos! Very pretty!

Gail said...

These truly are stunning and make gorgeous black and whites. I'd love to travel to Alaska!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh....you must have practically been right next to those wrestling bears....that's incredible!

I really enjoyed all of these and now feel there is a necessary trip to Alaska in my future!

The shot before the storm is incredible!! You have a great eye!

Donna said...

Wow! These are amazing! I love the view across the lake and the snow capped mountains best. Just beautiful!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Casey said...

Beautiful... the lake before the storm is stunning. Perfect lighting.

Anonymous said...

What a great series of photos. You can tell how much fun you guys had. Makes me long to be there!

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Absolutely Breathakingly Beautiful photos!!

Lisa said...

What a wonderful Trip and great photos. I really like then in B&W!