Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Black & White Wednesday

As I was driving home from my boyfriends house this weekend I couldn't keep my eyes on the road. 
Spring has come in California and the hills are all green and the flowers are blooming. 

Along this certain road that I sometimes drive, there are hundreds of these wind mills.

I am in love with wind mills.

I really like the old wood ones but these ones are awesome too.

I think they are just the coolest looking things. 

They look so big and powerful.


I wish I could have gotten some better pictures but its not very easy to take a picture while driving on curvy busy one way road. :)

To check out more Black & White Photos Go to The Long Road to China 
the long road

13 comments:

Mom2Isabel said...

While it may not be very easy to take a picture while driving... you DID it.
(For some reason, they reminds me of the symbol for Mercedes Benz.)

: )

Theses are cool. Needless to say, we don't have anything like them here in Florida.

Rachelle said...

I remember the fields of those windmills in Upstate Cali - - just before Lake Tahoe. I always thought they looked like a stationary flock of birds...

Anonymous said...

this is s a great photo. they are even more amazing to see up close. thanks for sharing in b&w wednesday
http://photos-by-ria.blogspot.com/

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Great photo..

Wanda said...

I don't know how you managed to grab this image but it is lovely. (I'm guessing you've read Don Quixote.)
:)

Unknown said...

Isn't there just something about windmills. You did a great job capturing this one. It's whimsical!

Love Letters To China said...

Considering you were driving while taking your pictures, I think you did an amazing job! Love it!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Very pretty!! And I cannot believe you shot this while driving.....OMG, now that takes some skill!

Briana's Mom said...

I am so impressed with this shot! I cannot believe you took it driving! Very nice!

Gail said...

Beautiful and simple, we used to live in northern CA and I remember these well. :)

Jo said...

Wow ~ a fabulous shot!

Jo

Leah said...

I sure enjoy the black and whites and all the different pics that are posted - thanks for visiting.

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

I love windmills too. Great picture. O how I miss the green hills and color in CA during the spring!!