Friday, August 27, 2010

The Blanket

Many of you know that I have a special blanket. I take this special blanket with me almost everywhere. It's even been to a few foreign countries!

My Grandma Mary made me this blanket a long time ago. We were trying to figure out how long ago, and I think it was about 4th grade because that's about the time blue was my favorite color :)

This blanket has been through a lot and this year it really started to show. All the edges were frayed and some of the material had holes in it. My Grandma and I decided it was time to give this blanket a fixin' so it could last me a few more years.

 We started looking through her sewing room to find some fabric that would match....and to our surprise, we found the same exact fabric that needed to be replaced. She had kept the leftovers all these years.
I had to sleep without my blanket for a couple days, but it was worth it because now I have an almost brand-new blanket! I wish I had taken before and after pictures.

In this next picture you can see the old fabric and the new fabric.... 


 And here is my blanket. :)

No comments: