Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Black & White Wednesday

Sisters. 

How come they don't have a day to celebrate sisters? We have mothers and fathers day. We should have sister day too!

I thought I'd share a couple of my favorite pictures of my sister and I. 

These were taking a couple years ago when we were enjoying a nice afternoon outside...

and we look so happy :) 

I'm not sure which one of us took them, but long arms help with those self-taken-photos. hahaha. 

It didn't always used to be this way. You see, we are three years apart. 
That doesn't seem like a lot, but when I was 13 and my sister was 10, we weren't exactly on the same page.
We fought. A lot. 
She always wanted me to play with her. 
I'm pretty sure I played barbies way passed the age limit. I remember I was afraid my friends at school would make fun of me for still playing barbies. Oh the things we do for our sisters ;)

Well now that we've grown up an become more "mature" (haha I think my mom would actually say we've become less mature) we get along much better. 

I love my sister Ashley. 

I miss her lots and wish I could be there more for her. 
Dang this thing called school that separates me from my family! ahhhh 
Good thing I only have one more year of school left! And next year Ashley will be going to school with me!
My parents will have a empty house! 


My sister is the most random person you will ever meet. I love her randomness.
She writes me priceless letters. In fact... I should be receiving one in the mail any day now. She actually took the time to write me a letter and rode her bike to the post office to mail it. The adventure ended badly though... with a flat tire.

 

Thanks Ashley for being literally the best sister ever. 

p.s. You'd be even more bestest if you let me borrow your clothes more often :)

the long road

9 comments:

fleur de lis cottage said...

Love these images...the first is sweet and the second one is fun!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love the pictures, I have four sisters and I wouldn't trade them for anything!

Unknown said...

I've always wanted a sister; you're lucky to have such a great one!

Lisa said...

What a great post! It made me smile all the way through:)

The pictures are pretty great too!

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Sisterly love is great...I have a sister and LOVE that and when I had kids I so wanted a girl...and then another one..so that she could have a sister...the LORD has blessed me abundantly with FOUR girls..talk about A LOT of sisterly love..lol..

Unknown said...

Awww...makes me want a sister of my own! What lovely words about your sister :) You two are so pretty, and look like such fun, carefree girls!

Unknown said...

What a fun post! And what a fun sister. I mean besides the fighting and the clothes hoarding : ). Isn't that standard fare for sisters though? : ) You are beautiful girls for sure!

Anonymous said...

You are sooo right!!! We do need a sisters day!

I {adore} this post! My girls are 2and a 1/2 years apart and they have so much fun together. I can only hope one day they post such nice words about eachother like you did for your sister.

You are sooo blessed!

Tezzie said...

What a great post...wish I had a sister, but then, my brother is pretty awesome too :D We're 3 yrs apart, and we also fought like cats and dogs when we were younger. Now we're good friends, and the fact that we're living so far from each other is really hard (he's in Canada, and I'm in Finland). It just goes to show, though, that once you're outta high school, age really doesn't matter any more...and siblings are forever!

Great black and whites...and happy birthday to your boyfriend :D