Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Black & White Wednesday

I'm kinda homesick. Not just for home but for Oregon. I miss that state and all of its ruggedness.

Last year in May my family took a trip over to Eastern Oregon and we just spent the weekend exploring and four-wheeling. This cabin is called the Lost Cabin. Its pretty far out in the middle of nowhere.

It's amazing to think that people used to live so far from civilization and survive. I kinda envy them. It is so peaceful and beautiful out there. It would be an adventure trying to live out there. Of course I'm sure it wasn't always easy. I wish I knew their story.



Follow along at 
the long road

10 comments:

Donna said...

I see buildings like this and wonder about the stories of the people who lived there too. Life sure was different back then! Different but good, I'm sure!

I love the way old buildings look in black and white photos. They look even older, I think. :)

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What cool buildings! I also wonder when I see things like this, what the stories are behind them.

I am sure you do get homsick......I know for the few years I lived away, I often felt that way too.

Have a wonderful week!

Lisa

Dita said...

Beautiful images...LOVE the textures!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love them both especially in B&W.

Unknown said...

Great photos. The texture of the wood lends itself to black & white well. I love the way you describe Oregon. It's a state I've wanted to visit for awhile now. Actually, the whole northwest portion of the US is an area I'd like to visit and get 'lost' in. My dad's from Washington, and I've never been there. That's not ok! Thanks for sharing these amazing photos :)

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Love these, what great contrast!!!

Gail said...

These are wonderful, love these rustic old buildings! Great natural texture and contrast. :)

Anonymous said...

What great black and white pictures!

ellieshine said...

Beautiful photos, perfect in b&w! I do that too, wonder what it was like, try to imagine life in these old homes. Sorta like Little House on the Prairie. It would be kinda peaceful - but I'd miss my computer :)

Unknown said...

Wow. I love this picture so much. Such a great barn. And you are right. The stories those walls could tell...they are bound to be amazing.