Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Yummy Tradition

Every year the girls in my family and Grandma Mary get together to make Christmas cookies. This year, since my Grandma has not fully recovered from having surgery from her colon cancer, me and my sister did most of the work! My mom helped us make the dough because apparently in the 7th grade, she won 1st place at the fair for making this exact recipe!



Me and Ashley ended up eating way to much cookie dough.
It's so yummy though!


Mom and Ashley mixing up the dough


Some cookies waiting to be baked




My crazy sister and the gingerbread man...

All the cookies that had to be frosted

Frosting them is my least favorite part and it takes so long! As you can see from my Wordless Wednesday post, my dad wanted to help... that didn't last long :)




My sister is an obsessed blazer fan

2 comments:

Cindy said...

They look so yummy!
Baking today here too...

Heather W. said...

Is this a secret recipe? If not, can I have it? They look absolutly delisious! I was talking with my sister just this morning about how I have not yet had a good Christmas desert this holiday, this is exactly what I want! And the frosting too!