Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Dad was on the News!

Wednesday morning I woke up to hear my dad yelling and running up and down the stairs. Why was I being woken up at 7:30 by all this noise? Well apprently my dad was watching the news and saw that the building right across from his lumber yard started on fire Tuesday night and burnt completly to the ground. When my dad got to work all the news crews were there and KOIN 6 news interviewed my dad. The first thing me and my mom said when we heard my dad was going to be on the news was "Hmm i I wonder what dad wore to work today." Luckily it wasn't one of his cut-off t-shirts.
The video is here:
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=11919@koin.dayport.com&navCatId=156

In an article I found by Capital Press, it said " A two-alarm fire engulfed a 14,800 square-foot seed-cleaning facility here in the early-morning hours of Wednesday, Aug. 26, destroying the building, seed-cleaning equipment and between 800,000 and 1 million pounds of grass seed. An insurance adjuster on the scene Wednesday afternoon at Precision Seed Cleaners Inc., 8765 Pueblo Drive NE, estimated damage at between $2 million and $3 million. "

No comments: