Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentines Weekend

I spent this weekend with my best friend and wonderful boyfriend Trevor, for Valentines Day. We decided to celebrate on Friday because we figured Saturday would be really crowded. So Friday night he took me out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant called On the Border and the food was delicious! Then we went to the movies and saw Taken. It was a really good intense movie. I liked the ending. Saturday we went to the mall and I got a new summer dress, some green earrings, and a new necklace. Trevor got some tools to work on the Toyota (again). We also went to Walmart to get groceries. Saturday night a few friends came over and we watched hit man. I also made Reese cookies. The first batch did not turn out so well. The bottoms were nice and burnt...they ended up in the garbage. Then Trevor told me his oven burns really hot and that I shouldn't put anything on the bottom rack. Lesson learned. I watched the second batch a lot closer and succeed in making edible yummy cookies! I then brought Trevor a plate of cookies and the Valentines card I had got him. He then remembered to go and get his stuff together... :) Trevor got me a nice card and some really pretty earrings that kind of match the earring I got for my Cartilage earlier in the week. This morning for breakfast I made Trevor and his roommate crepes. I am not a very good cook, obviously since I burnt the cookies. Lets just say I haven't had a lot of practice. Before I left for college this year my mom taught me to make crepes and then we went to buy all the ingredients so I could keep them at Trevor's apartment. I think I did a pretty good job with the crepes today because the guys kept eating them and I even got compliments! Thanks Mom for teaching me to cook one thing right :) After breakfast we watched some more movies on TV while I finished up my laundry. Then the sad part came... saying goodbye. I always hate saying goodbye. Long distance relationships are no fun :( when its time to leave. The drive back wasn't too bad except for it was super windy and really rainy. Happy Valentines Days a day late. Hello another week of school. Uhhh.

No comments: