Monday, February 9, 2009

Long Weekend

We had no school last Friday so on Thursday I went to Trevors and did laundry. Friday night we headed to his parents house and then watched Greys Anatomy. It was amazing. Did you know that this week there having a two hour combined Greys Anatomy and Private Practice show? I'm so excited! I had lots of fun playing with Trevors sisters and we had the yummiest tacos at his house Saturday night for Levi's birthday. Trevor worked on his truck and I worked on my paper....
I spent the majority of this weekend writing a 10 page research paper on Smith & Wesson. Here's some random facts I learned about this company.
  • Smith & Wesson is the largest gun manufacturer in the United States.

  • The company is 157 years old.
  • The company is planning on growing in the next 3-5 years even during these bad economic times.

  • There main competition is Glock, Browning, and Ruger.

  • In 2008 they reported a revenue of $295.91 million.

  • They Don't just make guns, they make all sorts of stuff like flashlights, grills, handcuffs....

So I finally finished the writing part of the paper at about 12:30 last night. Then finished adding the charts and finishing touches to the project this morning and finished at 8:43 two minutes before it was due. After staying up so late and waking up at 7:20 to go work out I could barely keep my eyes open during classes today.

Exciting News! I got 3 packages and 1 letter today! I love getting mail and I like sending mail too. I know it might be getting old fashioned but I think its funner! I got a package from my good friends Doug and Shirley with awesome scrap booking stuff and chocolate! I love chocolate by the way :). I also got a package from my mommy that had mail, magazines, and some other stuff I left at home over Christmas Break. The third package I got was a earring I ordered for my cartilidge piercing (picture below). I'm scared to take the original earring out. Plus I'm not exactly sure how to take it out. I think I'm going to need some help from my wonderful roommate Amanda! The letter I received was more like a drawing/thoughts from my sister. My favorite line from the drawing says "Katy. I love you so much that I would eat the sun shine for you. NOT EVEN KIDDING." ahh isn't she so cute and weird lol. I love you too Ashley!

No comments: