Friday, January 4, 2013

2012 Christmas Decorations

This was the first year I had my own house to decorate for Christmas and it was a lot of fun. 

Last year before I moved my mom let me take a few of her old Christmas decorations so that helped tremendously.  Christmas decorations can be expensive!

My mom made this tree skirt for me last year. It is reversible so next year it will look like I have a new one! 

Special ornament

We don't have a mantle so I had to get creative...

This is the first year I didn't go with my family for our annual Christmas tree hunt. Every year my family heads up to the mountains to find a "natural" tree, go four-wheeling, shoot guns, and cook hot dogs over the open fire. I missed out on this year, but I still got a Oregon tree! My dad sent us a tree on a load of lumber that was going to a nearby job site! 

Can't have Christmas decorations without deer antlers :)


I got the inspiration to make this glitter reindeer from here on pinterest. It was super easy and I love the way it turned out. Now only if I had a mantle to display it from... 

This year Trevor and I started our first Christmas tradition. We each got each other a special ornament that represented something that happened during the year. I got Trevor a boxer dog ornament to represent adding ruby to our family and he got me a beautiful church to represent our marriage (even though we didn't get married in a church, it was still cute and I love it!) 

No comments: