Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A visit to California

Last weekend I flew to California to visit Trevor and his family.

It has been so long since I had been there (the last time was May), and it was so nice to go back!

On Friday we relaxed by the pool and I got to meet Trevor's cousins from Michigan. 

We just hung out in the sun and got to know each other a little better, and of course cupcakes were involved :) 

On Sunday, Trevor took me golfing! I had never been golfing before and had always secretly wanted to try even though I knew I'd be pretty bad. 

Good thing I had a great teacher! :)



On the first hole I actually did pretty good! But from there on out it was touch and go... I'd get a few goods hits and then other times it would take me a million tries to hit the ball off the tee! I'm thinking golf may not be my sport.... One hole I actually did better than Trevor though and hit the ball on the green in two hits! Some nearby golfers applauded  from afar :) 

The last hole was the worst... I think I was just tired from being outside in the hot sun for so long. I just could not hit the ball off the tee, so I kicked it... and then I threw it :)


Although I may not be great at golf me and Trevor had a really good time together and I hope we can do it again someday soon! 


1 comment:

allie e. said...

It took me forever to hit the ball off the tee in the driving range. And, I don't know Katy you look like a natural golfer =) My dad will be happy to hear this.