Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Starting a new hobby....

My mom's graduation present to me was a new sewing machine! A few weeks ago we went to the store to pick one out. I already knew which one I wanted... one just like my grandma's because it is easy to use and works good. 



In high school I took a sewing class and I've done some sewing with my mom and grandma, but I still have a lot to learn. Both my mom and grandma are awesome sewers (is that a word?). In high school my mom sewed all of her own clothes and she never wore the same outfit to school. Ever. 

I hope that this new hobby of sewing can help me start an Etsy business or just allow me to make homemade items such as curtains and aprons. 

For my first project, I bought some cute fabric and a pattern to make a purse/bag. 


 I also bought this fabric because I thought it was super cute :)
I'm sure I'll find something to make out of it!
 


Hopefully in a few weeks I'll do a post about my first sewing project on my new sewing machine!

3 comments:

allie e. said...

Make me a blanket!!!

Marissa said...

Cute!!! Wish we could do a project together. I'm making an apron for my cousin Rachael this weekend. :)

Shirley said...

Katy, I can't wait to see what you create... Have a ton of fun creating and sewing. I like the fabric you chose...Super cute! The possibilities are endless!!!!!!! So I suggest that you SEW on and on and on!!!!!