Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Europe - - British Museum

During our free time we decided to explore the British Museum and I'm so glad we did because it was so cool and free! 

The first thing we saw was the Rosetta Stone. Which provided the key to understanding Egyptian Hieroglyphics.
The Egyptian department was really awesome. 

Meet Cleopatra. 
It's not the greatest picture because she is hidden behind glass, but its still pretty cool to think that Cleopatra is in that mummy.





 Really old Mosaics

 Really old Bones

Hannah and I tired from walking around

This is probably one of my most favorite museums. I hope one day I have a chance to go back there and see everything else. People could spend days in this museum and not see everything. We were only there for a couple hours!

No comments: