Saturday, November 13, 2010

National Adoption Awareness Month

November is National Adoption Awareness month so I thought it was about time I write a post on Adoption and orphans.

Many of you know that I have a heart for the orphans. The orphans all over the world. I want more than anything for every child in the world to have a family and someone to love them.

My boyfriend's parents have adopted four girls from China. Honestly, I can't imagine my life without them. They are so much apart of me, I feel like their big sister! They have touched  my heart in so many ways, it brings tears to my eyes.


I have had the privilege of being there with the two youngest girls came home. It really is an amazing experience watching them meet their family for the first time and adjusting to this new life. In just a few short months you can really see the difference. It's never an easy process, there are always going to be hard times, but for all the hard times there are moments that just fill your heart with joy knowing that these little children are loved and cared for. 

I love playing with the girls and giving them hugs and kisses. I love cuddling with them. I love watching them grow into strong independent girls. They are most definitely a blessing from God.

 


Most of my friends know I am always talking about when I can adopt one day. I recently found out that you have to be 30 to adopt from China! That's so far away!

I read a lot of adoption blogs. I love reading these blogs that tell the journey of these amazing little children becoming part of a family. One day, I will also be writing about that journey. One day... 


For now I've just been sponsoring two little girls from China. One through an orphans wish and the other through Grace & Hope. 


I completely understand that adoption isn't for everyone... there are other ways to help the orphans.

(my mom with the girls)
Please consider sponsoring a child or just sending money to a child in need of urgent surgery. There are some many ways to help and so many children in need of your help.


One easy way to help right now is by leaving a comment on this website... Here. All you have to do is leave a comment and they will donate $2. It will literally take less than a couple minutes.


"We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands." ---Kristi Larson

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks Katy, you've touched my heart with your amazing post. I hope you don't mind my sharing it? You are changing lives also!

Our girls love you too!

Cindy said...

PS - I love your photos!!!

C Huisman said...

Katy,
I loved your post and it is so true about the love and joy that is there when the 4 girls came home. Having gone and seen the first moment of love is amazing. I pray I can be a part of your journey someday !!!