Sunday, December 9, 2012

Master Bedroom Revealed!

I'm really excited about this post. I've been waiting a long time to share our new bedroom with everyone!

Quite awhile back on pinterest I saw this bed.
I also saw the price. Way to much!
So what does any smart girl do?

Ask her hubby to make it for her!
Then ask her daddy for all the wood to make it! (he owns a lumber yard so wood is pretty easy to come by!)

After what seemed like FOREVER... Trevor finally started.




Lots of cutting, gluing, and sanding went on for about 2 weeks. 



Trevor's dad was a huge help with the project. 




Here is a picture of the bed before we stained it. 

We spent a couple nights staining the bed.
At first I was a little worried about how dark the color was but it turned out really good.
I love how the stain brings out all the imperfections and grain. It makes it look more rustic. The look we were going for.


I also requested two night stands :) 

And here is the grand finale.... 
(NOTE-the paint color looks funky in these pictures because of the light. Its actually a darker more chocolate color.)

TA DA!






Trevor is a mechanic hence the miniture tool box on his nightstand. 


Our Ikea dresser


I'm so happy with how it all turned out. I'm also very happy to no longer be sleeping on the ground. The first night we slept in the new bed it was so weird being so high up.
 I still have to hang pictures on the walls and do a little more decorating.

Thank you so much to Trevor and our dad's for all your hard work and making me my dream master bedroom! 
\

2 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Oh WOW, I absolutely LOVE it!

Cindy said...

I agree...LOVE this room!
(It's even more amazing in real life, believe this!)
Beautiful job with the bed Trev, and Katy w/ the decor!