Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Snapshot "Columbia"

When I first moved to California I told Trevor he HAD to take me panning for gold. 
I just didn't think it was right that I lived in California and had never panned for gold. 

So last weekend we finally made the trip to Columbia.
It used to be a busy town during the gold rush. Now it is a cute little tourist town. 
There is a stage coach, old salon, candy shop, and a bunch of cute little shops.

 




Then we got to the good part... Panning for Gold!!!!
Notice the creepy face in the background.... 


Not sure I actually found real gold but I got some shiny fools gold and some cool looking rocks. 


Then... the instructor informed me I was doing it all wrong. 
So I got a 5 minute lesson on panning the correct way. 
I actually thought it was a little boring doing it the "Correct" way so when he wasn't looking I went back to doing it my way ;)
Sneaky Sneaky


We came home with lots of yummy chocolate! 
(I don't have to fit into a wedding dress anymore so YAY for chocolate!) 

It was a cool day so I also indulged in some yummy hot chocolate with whip cream on top!

We had a great time! And now I'm a real Californian :) 

Follow Along at Ni Hao Ya'll 
Ni Hao Yall

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Love this little town too.
And your new blog look is great!