Friday, October 14, 2011

Favorite Photo Friday

The area where we go hunting in Eastern Oregon is beautiful. I love the open dessert and mountains in the back ground. I love finding old homesteads and exploring. Sometimes I wish I had been born 150 years ago so I could have been a pioneer :) The only bad part about that is that I wouldn't have had a camera to capture all the beautiful nature God created for us. 


This is the Harris Schoolhouse, established in 1890 in the Summer Lake area. The school was used till 1919 and then reopened in 1926 until a bus was purchased to transfer kids to a bigger school in a nearby town. 

If you look in through the broken windows you can still see all the old desks. 




Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

Following along at... 
the long road

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Taht is beautiful school house! Amazing that the old desk are still there? Does it function as some king of museum?