Sunday, October 16, 2011

DIY: Shelf Transformation

I got the idea to do this project from Pinterest
My new obsession. 
Just let me know if you want an invite!
BTW.... it's quite addicting. 

So back to the project... 
I went to target and bought a cheap black shelf for $20. 
I bought some cute fabric at Johanna's. 
And that's about all I needed. 
Plus a great mommy to help me! 

First I cut and ironed my fabric to fit the back piece of the shelf. 
Since I bought the cheapest shelf I could find... the back happened to be card board which actually made it easier to attach the fabric to. 

I used paper clips to hold the fabric to the card board just like pinning fabric together. 
Then I used a stapler, and stapled around the entire border. 
When I finished, I was little worried because the fabric wasn't very tight against the cardboard. That didn't seem to matter though after I nailed the back to the shelf.
 Everything lays flat and looks great!




 The finished project! 

My inspiration! 

No comments: