Thursday, October 15, 2009

First Pep Rally!

I went to my first Pep Rally and Oh Man was it intense! It started at Midnight but they only had 300 shirts to give out so me Amanda, Allie, and Janae went down about 30 minutes early. We stood outside in the cold in line for about 30 minutes. As it got sooner and sooner to the doors opening more and more people started cutting. I don't like cutters. A few minutes before midnight, madness erupted (the pep rally was called midnight madness)... they opened the doors. I was pretty close to the doors, but that didn't make a difference. It was pretty much like a huge mob and everyone was pushing to get through 2 small doors. I held on to Janae and we barely pushed our way in. We sprinted to the tables where all the shirts were and grabbed some and headed to find some good seats. We ended up getting front row seats and then all the sports teams introduced all the players and there was a free throw competition and a dunking competition and lots of screaming and cheering. It was a fun night! I'm not used to staying up that late though and I sure was tired when I woke up this morning.


My roommate and I Amanda sportin' our PUC sweatshirts


Group picture while waiting in line.


Front of the Free T-shirt


Back of the Free T-shirt

Now I should probably explain... We are the Pioneers. Our gym used to be an old airplane hanger and kinda resembles a covered wagon. So that should explain the saying on the back of the T-shirt :)

No comments: