Saturday, January 4, 2014

A trip to urgent care

 Trevor was out in the garage working on his Chevy the day after Thanksgiving. 
He calmly asked me to come and I reluctantly came thinking he needed help moving something. 
I found him with a bloody towel wrapped around his hand and my first thought is that he cut a finger off. 

Thank goodness it was only a cut... A very deep cut though.
After he got the bleeding to stop he wanted his mom to glue it together. Her first look and she sent us to urgent care... 


Lots of blood... I'd say the grinder won that night. 

So happy that we didn't have to wait, we were the only ones at urgent care. 


 The doctor did a very good job stitching Trevor up. He even showed us how to do it. 



A few stitches later, a tetanus shot, and some antibiotics and we were on our way home. 
He still doesn't have much feeling in one half of his thumb but it has healed up nicely. 

1 comment:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Oh my word, that is so awful!!!!

I love that he wanted his mom to glue it together...that so sounds like my husband!

Thank goodness for great doctors when we can't fix it at home. :)