Friday, September 7, 2012

Favorite Photo Friday "Honeymoon"

For our honeymoon, Trevor and I decided to drive along the coast on the 101 back to California. 

We didn't have many plans other than stopping at the redwood forest.

It was actually really nice and relaxing. If we saw something interesting we would stop. We stopped a lot along the ocean just admiring the view. That part of the coast is really unique because there are lots of rocks jutting up from the ocean. 


Our first stop was Gold Beach, on the edge of the Oregon border. 
We went to a few of the tourist sites in town, ate some really yummy food, and then headed to the Redwood Forest which was a few hours away. 


I got to visit the Redwood Forest last summer too. I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing all the tall beautiful trees. I think my favorite part is the way the light comes through the branches. 







Because it was so warm inland, the beach was really foggy. I might be strange, but I really like the fog. 
The cool weather was a nice change too. I think I'm ready for fall already :)





In Fort Bragg, we went exploring and found an old train yard. 


Overall, it was a really relaxing trip. It was fun to go exploring and not have to be anywhere at a certain time. We plan on going on a cruise for our real honeymoon sometime this winter. 

Linking up with... 
the long road

1 comment:

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Especially the forest pics. Wow!